Some people talk about digital gardens, linklogs and personal wikis. About how to bring back the Geocities-era web without the baggage. Other people instead speak of profiles, feeds and mentions. Choose wisely.
- A helper for small websites.
- Keep an EyeOut
- A tool to eye the outline of various documents.
- Wiki engine based in Brutalist (web) design principles.
- Static site generator in a Tcl script: download, unpack, run!
- Clinklog 2
- Static site generator optimized for linklogs and microblogs.
- Console Form
- Fcp Calendar
- Plain old webpages still matter
- an essay on new media
(plain text version).
- Distributed social networks: a personal survey
- my overview of alternatives
(plain text version).
- Just another website
- an essay about the state of web design and how we can reclaim it.
- Notes on the small web
- (And web-adjacent technologies.)
(updated on 6 August 2021)
- Fiction template
- Scalable design with a bookish motif.
- Leatherbound template
- Fluid design with an Old West sort of vibe.
- Newsprint template
- Minimal, scalable design in light gray and black.
These are general-purpose web page templates that happen to ship as skins for the PmWiki engine. Thanks to the simplicity of the format, you can easily adapt them for other uses.
OddMuse Wiki stylesheets
- Leatherbound stylesheet
- Single-column design with an Old West sort of vibe; a port of the PmWiki skin of the same name. Supports FAQs, footnotes and comments.
- Electronic stylesheet
- A recolor of Leatherbound made to look (retro)futuristic instead.
The OddMuse wiki engine doesn't allow to change the HTML it emits, but only the CSS stylesheet applied to it. Hence why these ship as just a CSS file each.
- Newsprint for Bludit
- Newsprint for Pelican
- Minimal, light gray theme, with two colums and sidebar on the left.
- Single-column theme in white, blue and brown, elegant and very lightweight. For Pelican.
- Electronic Weasel
- Single-column design with a retro-futuristic look inspired by 1970s electronics. For Weasel CMS.
See also: Soft Brown and Electronic Bash, two BashBlog themes. They're free for personal use, and presented as zip files because each consists of two stylesheets to be copied into the blog directory.
- The old SPAG Magazine
- (as graphic designer)
- No Time To Play
- (as editor, webmaster and co-author)
- Soft Records — Music matters!
- (as programmer, consultant
The web directory was moved to its own page after growing too big.